Single Screw Extruders
Based on decades of experience, Extron-Mecanor has developed a range of high capacity single-screw extruders to cover the majority of extrusion applications. Extron-Mecanor offers own extruder ranges for both Blown Film and Pipe extrusion.
The standard features include heavy-duty gear, electronically controlled AC-drive using the latest digital technique and PLC (programmable logical control) enabling complete diagnostics of machine and process parameters.
A combination of grooved feed section, removable sleeve and precise temperature control of cooling water guarantees constant output without pressure variations. Barrier screw designed for customer’s raw materials gives high output with excellent melt homogeneity and exact melt temperature.
The product range comprises extruders with screw diameters from 18 to 160 mm.
- Barrier screw: Nitrated steel, HV 950 -1000
- Grooved feed bush: Used with a barrier screw enables high plastification rates and low melt temperature
- Extruder barrel: Nitrated steel, HV 950 – 1000
- Temperature control zones, heating/cooling
- Heating zones of extrusion die flange and die head flanges
- Water cooled motor, closed loop